Effective Natural Acne Remedies
In a lot of the mild cases of acne, you will find that the natural remedies will but just as effective as surgical and medical procedures. Also, you will have the benefit that such remedies are more affordable and they are often gentler on your skin.
Even dermatologists are recommending that patients try the natural remedies in order to treat acne problems.
Your skin needs all of the nutrients it can get through a well rounded diet and a nutritional supplemental program. It is advised that those with acne problems eat more whole grains, more veggies and more fruits. Of course, this is not to say that those who have it are not eating healthy things.
Generally a balanced diet should be enough to keep your skin healthy but there are some people who have diseases and lifestyle choices that prevent them from eating certain things. Therefore, nutritional supplements are the best route to take. Many skin experts agree. You need 2,000mg of fish oils, 1,000mg of ascorbic acid, 50mg of CoQ10 and one good capsule of a multivitamin on a daily basis.
The results received will vary between every person even though the average results are positive ones. However, even once the condition has cleared up, it is important to make sure that proper management is still taking place by keeping up with a balanced diet and a good supplement program.
Many people seem to forget this, but herbs can really help in the treatment of outbreaks. Of course, you need to always make sure that you are following the formulations with a lot of caution as you might experience allergies and then worse outbreaks if you don’t.
- You can apply garlic paste in order to lessen the amount of bacterial infection you are dealing with.
- You can apply honey to the skin overnight and then rinse it off with warm water the next day.
- Lemons can be gently rubbed on the face as the glycolic acids can help to exfoliate the skin of all of the excess grime, dirt and dust.
- Oatmeal mask can also be applied on the face since oatmeal contains fats for lubricating the skin and proteins for stimulating skin health. An alternative will be powdered raw oatmeal – place 2 cups of oatmeal into the grinder – poured into the warm bath.
There are also some folk remedies that involve mixing mint leaves and toothpaste. However, you are going to want to speak to your dermatologist in order to be careful of allergens.
Why a Healthy Lifestyle is Important
And then there’s the healthy lifestyle component of acne management. Take note that acne in itself is mainly a hormonal imbalance so much so that it is important to adopt measures to keep the hormones happy, in a manner of speaking. The following lifestyle choices will help in maintaining said hormonal balance:
- Make sure that you are getting a sufficient number of hours of sleep.
- Stress management techniques such as small breaks during the day, deep breathing and proper medication.
- Avoid cigarette smoking and drinking of alcoholic beverages since these substances make the body go haywire and, with it, the hormones
With these thoughts in mind, an acne-prone individual is better able to manage his skin condition via natural means.